In a statement on May 25, 2022, Vermont Community Foundation President and CEO Dan Smith emphasized the need for gun control policy in response to the major mass shooting incidents that occurred last month. The Insight Hub researched the topic of gun control, and the following article is a result.
It has been a year that strains comparisons. Communities have been tested like rarely before, but the resilience and kindness of Vermonters shines as bright as ever. On March 23rd, the Community Foundation hosted an afternoon of sharing and discussion about the impact of the VT COVID-19 Response Fund, how giving can help Vermont recover and rebuild in the year ahead, and what lessons philanthropy needs to carry forward. Speakers included:
- Dan Smith, President and CEO, Vermont Community Foundation
- Sarah Waring, Vice President for Grants and Community Investments, Vermont Community Foundation
- Stacie Fagan, Vice President for Philanthropy, Vermont Community Foundation
- Jean Hamilton, Director, ShiftMeals and Statewide Coordinator, Vermont Everyone Eats
- Ted Brady, Deputy Secretary, Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- Holly Morehouse, Executive Director, Vermont Afterschool
The webinar also served as the launch event for the Vermont Community Foundation's Insight Hub. Powered by the Community Foundation's experience and research, and informed by the lived experience of Vermonters, the Insight Hub offers webinars, events, briefs, and peer-to-peer experiences that help philanthropists understand where their charitable giving can make a difference in Vermont.