Philanthropic Leadership Fund
The Vermont Community Foundation’s Philanthropic Leadership Fund makes possible much of the work that goes beyond grantmaking, supporting activities that strengthen the field of giving and nonprofits in Vermont.
- Peer learning sessions that inform and coordinate grantmakers for greater impact
- Research that builds a shared understanding of pressing issues in Vermont
- Development of new products that multiply the power of philanthropy and build the capacity of the nonprofit sector
- Regional giving efforts that maximize the local impact of grants
- Coordinated response efforts in times of community crisis
- Funding of statewide projects that inspire greater giving and build social capital
Every year since 2006, generous individuals have made this work possible with an annual contribution to the Philanthropic Leadership Fund. If you’ve ever been inspired by what the Vermont Community Foundation does beyond making grants, chances are that the Philanthropic Leadership Fund was involved.
Your Contribution Matters
Consider a donation to the Philanthropic Leadership Fund today to keep the Vermont Community Foundation at the leading edge of leadership into the future. Click below and join the hundreds of committed donors supporting our roster of research, events, and advocacy efforts.
Already a VCF fundholder? We make it easy to support PLF annually with an automatic annual contribution – call and ask us how.
One of our hopes for the Philanthropic Leadership Fund is that in addition to supporting our work, it will encourage active and engaged participation in other forms: attending learning forums, joining others in grantmaking, volunteering, learning and sharing with one another ideas about how to make a difference in our communities – in short, Philanthropic Leadership.
Recent Leadership Work
- The Insight Hub - Powered by the Vermont Community Foundation’s experience and research, and informed by the lived experience of Vermonters, the Insight Hub offers webinars, events, briefs, and peer-to-peer experiences that help philanthropists understand where their giving can make a difference in Vermont.
- Community Conversations – Recent conversations have addressed topics ranging from Faith & Philanthropy, Substance Use Disorder, Mission Investing, and Career Pathways.
- COVID-19 Learning Sessions – Held with fundholders, professional advisors, and the Vermont Funders Network, these calls—featuring nonprofit leaders from around the state—have provided robust conversation about the challenges Vermonters are facing and how philanthropy can make an impact on the effects of COVID-19 in Vermont.
- Responding to Tropical Storm Irene – This fund and website served as a resource for philanthropists to aid in the recovery from the 2011 storm.
- Responding to COVID-19 – This fund and website serves as a resource to the response and long-term pandemic recovery efforts in Vermont.