Skip to Navigation Skip to Content
Back to Impact Stories

Funding Available for Addison County, Brandon, and Statewide through the Walter Cerf Community Fund

Cerf Brandon Library

image courtesy of Brandon Free Library

Funding is now available to nonprofits and municipal organizations through the Walter Cerf Community Fund at the Vermont Community Foundation. The Walter Cerf Community Fund makes grants to address charitable needs in the state of Vermont. Priority interests are the arts, education, historic preservation, and social services. Organizations are invited to request program/project support or general operating support.

Grants are made to organizations that either have a statewide constituency and make a unique contribution to Vermont, or are located in Addison County or Brandon. Approximately 70% of funds available will be awarded to programs and projects in the Addison County/Brandon area; the remaining 30% of available funds will support statewide programs and projects.

Applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 20, 2023. The fund will consider both small ($500-$5,000) and large (up to $25,000) grant requests. Organizations must be serving Addison County or Brandon to be eligible to apply for the large grant.

Visit to learn more and apply.